how to find moonlighting opportunitites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maximuspersie

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I am a PGY-2, R-1 at one of the Chicago area programs. Unfortunately our program has very limited to no moonlighting for upper levels, and of course there is no radiology moonlighting for an R-1. I was wondering if there are any moonlighting opportunities in Chicago area in non-radiology fields such as urgent care or ED that I can do as an PGY-2? I have done my intern year (transitional year) and step 3. How do I go about finding these opportunities? life is quite expensive in Chicago :/ thanks!
 
Would you really be comfortable doing urgent care or ED work? If so, props to your internship.

I think radiology moonlighting really nose-dived with the ascension of telerads and horrible cuts to reimbursement these last few years.