How to find programs receving pgy-6 IMGs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zhaoyuluoying

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am an IMG with step1 240+ and now working on ck. Doing residency in my country now. Got 4 first author SCI publications. When I am about to apply internal medicine, my year of graduation would be 6. Do I have any chance? And, where can I find the programs receving yog-6 ?(except scaning their websites one by one,which is too exhausting)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am an IMG with step1 240+ and now working on ck. Doing residency in my country now. Got 4 first author SCI publications. When I am about to apply internal medicine, my post graduation year would be 6. Do I have any chance? And, where can I find the programs receving pgy-6 ?(except scaning their websites one by one,which is too exhausting)
your terminology is wrong...PGY is number of year for training YOG is for year of graduation (i.e. 2011) so unless you are trying to say that you did 5 years of training in you home country and want somehow to start from where you left off, you would be starting as a intern (PGY 1) in the US...even if you have completed a full residency in your country, you start from the beginning in the US.

your terminology is wrong...PGY is number of year for training YOG is for year of graduation (i.e. 2011) so unless you are trying to say that you did 5 years of training in you home country and want somehow to start from where you left off, you would be starting as a intern (PGY 1) in the US...even if you have completed a full residency in your country, you start from the beginning in the US.
Thanks for your correction. I have changed the word in my thread. Any more answers are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I ve always wondered about this... most residencies I know of and interviewed at had a cut off of 5 years. If you were applying greater than 5 years after graduation you were screened out. Some programs cut off was 3 years.