How to get clinical experience?

Started by Chippymunk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chippymunk

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I need some advice on how to go about getting a volunteer or shadowing position at a clinic. I am having no luck so far and have tried many places. I do volunteer at a wildlife shelter and perform medical tasks but there is no on-site vet (and therefore no reference from one). I have asked if they can refer me to somewhere where I can work with a vet but I also had no luck with the references they gave me. Maybe I’m asking the wrong way? How do/would you guys go about asking a clinic for a position?