How to get loans for US dental school as a Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nerdatwork

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let’s say I attend a private dental school in the US and total tuition is somewhere near $500,000, how do I as a Canadian get this much of a loan?

I don’t think most banks here in Canada let us get loans for dental schools unless they are for using at Canadian schools only.

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure the max they will give you is 250k and you'll need a cosigner and they want collateral as well. Going to US for dental school is a financial suicide . Try your best to stay in Canada or go to the cheapest school possible. Dentistry is a great profession but there is no way its worth 500k! forget that.

Reactions: 2 users
Real estate prices in Canada are very high. Borrow against it or ask your parents to - they want you to become a dentist badly enough, right? It's in addition to all other options

Members don't see this ad :)
On a side note; is your profile picture a picture of you op? You look oddly familiar.

Reactions: 1 user
On a side note; is your profile picture a picture of you op? You look oddly familiar.
That’s a pic of Michael Scott. He’s a manager at a failing paper company, Dunder Mifflin, in Scranton, PA. Wonderful guy, he has a really unique but effective management style.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user