How to get most out of clinical years in d-school to maximize production as a freshgrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am an incoming D1.
I read a lot of threads about starting salary for fresh graduates, and it seems the salary is mostly production-based (please correct me/elaborate if I am wrong, I wish to learn more from here).
I plan to work as a GP (AEGD/GPR probably not), and I wish to find a position either at a private practice/DSO in unsaturated areas (basically wherever gives me a good salary to focus on paying off my loans first several years).
Although location maybe the no.1 factor, I learned from this forum that I should be able to produce a lot efficiently in time.

How can I get most out of 3rd/4th years in d-school so that I could be experienced in variety of treatments as much as possible so that I can be considered making descent production just out of d-school? (The d-school I will be attending is the only d-school in the state - meaning I probably won't have to worry about lacking patients?)

As still a layman, I can think of:
1. Fill your morning/afternoon appointments every day
2. Seek out patients with diverse cases (not sure if this is something I can really control)
3. Gradually speed up paces instead of relaxing over full 3-hour frame.
Can you offer some insights?
Thank you...

P.S. Extra tips on choosing corp vs. private practice in terms of salary would be very much appreciated!...

Members don't see this ad.

Way too early to plan, but the best bang for your buck is asking upperclassmen.

Reactions: 1 user