How to get started?

Started by Chandini
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chandini

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am new to this education system . I did B.S in Pharmacy in India which is not a valid course in US so planning for pharmD. Can someone help me by giving the info like how to get started. I mean do I have to take the pre req coursese 1st and then give pcat or can do pre req once i get my pcat done? DO I have to get my transcripts evaluated before taking pre req?

Your reply will be of great help for me.

Thank you!!🙂
 
I not sure about evaluating your transcripts but most people take the PCAT either after or while they are taking their prereqs. It is best to be finished with a year of biology, chemistry through the first semester of organic, and calculus. I'm sure you had all those classes so in your case, take it when you feel ready.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey..

I think it would be a good idea to at least talk to one school to see if you can get credit for some of the pre reqs. Having done B Pharm in India, I am thinking you would get waiver for at least some of the prereqs. Then you can only do what is required.

If you are planning on applying for the Fall of 2011, then u need to give the PCAT this year. I think the first one is in June. Typically the application deadline is at the end of the year for most schools. So you have plenty of time before Fall '11 to complete the required pre reqs. You can surely study for the PCAT and take your pre reqs at the same time but do look at the content of the PCAT material to see how much of it you are familiar with.

Feel free to pm if you have more questions.
 
Hi,
I am new to this education system . I did B.S in Pharmacy in India which is not a valid course in US so planning for pharmD. Can someone help me by giving the info like how to get started. I mean do I have to take the pre req coursese 1st and then give pcat or can do pre req once i get my pcat done? DO I have to get my transcripts evaluated before taking pre req?

Your reply will be of great help for me.

Thank you!!🙂


Hi there,

I just saw this post here, so I am kinda curious to help you a bit.
A friend of mine who came from India also finished his B.B. in Pharmacy.(just like you) He took GRE and TOEFL and now he is doing his masters in pharmacutical science which is 2 years long.

I know it is not the same thing as the Doctor of Pharmacy Program but it is just 2 years if you dont want to study for 6 more years..

One more thing, if you want to take PCAT, MAKE SURE YOU FINISH YOUR PRE-REQUISITE COURSES FIRST AND THEN TAKE PCAT.

Good Luck....