How to identify weaknesses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have done all BR books. Unfortunately , i didnt know that i was supposed to follow a certain order, i just did them untimed in the order given (passage I first, then II, then III ...). What is the next step? should i start taking AAMCs? or should i work on my hyperlearning workbook?

i hear the secret to doing well on the mcat is to identify what you are not good at, and practice enough to become good at it.
How do i find out which topics i am not good at? i didnt really keep track of my BR practice exam scores so i dont know what i wasnt good at, although i do remember having a lot of trouble with titrations and optics and sounds...so i guess thats a start?

Members don't see this ad.

My first question is: Did you do all of the passages in the BR books?

If you did then just go back to the books and count up how much you got right in each section. Then start with the sections you got the fewest right in because this is the fastest way to increase your score and move up from there to your best section. Maybe practice with the Hyperlearning book on the stuff that you had trouble with that you identified through the BR books.

Also, it isn't really a secret. Everyone knows that in order to do well you have to have no weaknesses (master everything) and practice is the best way to identify and eliminate weaknesses. However, even though everyone knows, the majority of them don't actually do it for whatever reason (time, not enough materials, etc.). It's like exercise and diet. You should do exercise and eat healthy everyday because it is good for you and keeps you healthy yet the majority of Americans are still extremely obese and lazy when it comes to exercise.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

My first question is: Did you do all of the passages in the BR books?

If you did then just go back to the books and count up how much you got right in each section. Then start with the sections you got the fewest right in because this is the fastest way to increase your score and move up from there to your best section. Maybe practice with the Hyperlearning book on the stuff that you had trouble with that you identified through the BR books.

Also, it isn't really a secret. Everyone knows that in order to do well you have to have no weaknesses (master everything) and practice is the best way to identify and eliminate weaknesses. However, even though everyone knows, the majority of them don't actually do it for whatever reason (time, not enough materials, etc.). It's like exercise and diet. You should do exercise and eat healthy everyday because it is good for you and keeps you healthy yet the majority of Americans are still extremely obese and lazy when it comes to exercise.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

yes,i have done every single passage. but the problem is i didnt keep track. i just wrote my answers on a piece of paper and after grading myself, i threw them away. the pages in the book are blank. so i cant count how many i got wrong.

Then I would suggest just doing them again even if you remember some questions. Do them in the phases though. Also you might want to get through them quickly so you can move on to the TPR workbook.

-LIS

Not to Hijack,
But I've got some BR passages left - should I prioritize finishing those over doing some Kaplan FL's I haven't touched? I've already done 4 AAMC's ...just don't know what to prioritize.