How To Indent Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

svwtyf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. I shaved my essay down to the limit for characters and copied/pasted it from Notepad onto the space provided. When I reviewed it, the indents were gone and it looked like one ugly paragraph. I need indentation to make it look neat. Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Come on, guys! Answer my question...I wanna have this mother in by tonight!

I weep for humanity.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you lose a lot of the formatting anyway when you submit, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure there are lines between your paragraphs and you should be good.

crazy_sherm said:
I think you lose a lot of the formatting anyway when you submit, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure there are lines between your paragraphs and you should be good.

what he said.. why u need to indent anyways?? this is not a college essay:0

svwtyf said:
what does that mean?!
I believe he's questioning your intelligence to put it politely.

svwtyf said:

You can modify it once you have cut-n-pasted it into the application. If you are unable to add indents then you can simply double space between the paragraphs.

I'm not trying to advertise for www.essayedge.com, but they were of great help for me during my application cycle. Take that into consideration, when you've exhausted all means of proofreading. That was the best optional money spend during my whole process.

Sprgrover said:
If you are unable to add indents then you can simply double space between the paragraphs.

yeah, if you dont double space your essay, they wont even read it. It is one of the requirements!!

jk5177 said:
I'm not trying to advertise for www.essayedge.com, but they were of great help for me during my application cycle. Take that into consideration, when you've exhausted all means of proofreading. That was the best optional money spend during my whole process.

jk5177 - I believe the policy of SDN is not to advertise. Your not trying to advertise, but you did. Instead of giving the website, you could have just written, 'essayedge'.

Please be careful next time.
Thank You.
:)

*snicker* At this point I don't believe you have any grounds to be telling other people how to act on this website.

Comet208 said:
yeah, if you dont double space your essay, they wont even read it. It is one of the requirements!!

Comet 208 - are you serious or is that misleading information (trolling - a violation of SDN)

jk5177 said:

i second his comment. they really do help, however it is not for everybody.

i think if you have some qualified people that have applied in the past then you don't need them. they have experts that have read a zillion of personal statements b4 and know what ad coms "expect" so they do a wonderful job. but becareful they tend to use fancy words sometimes that you know you don't use and that might be problemetic.

Someone allready posted - be short and to the point - I can't agree more. Think about the number of essays admission comitees will read. Be concise - and you can't go wrong.

Just my opinion

What do you guys think?

Or you can just use Spacebar function to indent.

Sprgrover said:
You can modify it once you have cut-n-pasted it into the application. If you are unable to add indents then you can simply double space between the paragraphs.

svwtyf said:

W O W !!!

svwtyf said:

W O W !!!

rocknightmare said:
i second his comment. they really do help, however it is not for everybody.

i think if you have some qualified people that have applied in the past then you don't need them. they have experts that have read a zillion of personal statements b4 and know what ad coms "expect" so they do a wonderful job. but becareful they tend to use fancy words sometimes that you know you don't use and that might be problemetic.

Yeah.

don't stress man, just give a line space between the paragraphs.

I hit space bar about 6 times.