How to make progress towards my goals over the summer (current plans on hold due to covid)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBlossom

Reaction score
Hi all! I’ve been lurking for the last few years and just accepted an offer to enroll in a post bacc program! I’m planning to begin my post bac in August. I currently have a job and am remote working in Miami (where I will do my post bacc). I had planned to work for a few more months, shadow or potentially undertake an EMT program . It seems like a lot of things are off limits due to covid but I wanted to hear if other people had thoughts. Are there classes that might make sense to take online through the university over the summer, for instance?

Members don't see this ad.

If your formal post-bacc has a suggested curriculum I recommend sticking to that curriculum. With classes online for everyone during COVID-19 it doesn't make much of a difference which classes to take over the summer, but a typical summer curriculum will include two classes. I recommend picking between either Calculus or Stats, Gen Bio 1, Gen Chem 1 + Lab, or Physics 1 + Lab.

Also if that's you in your profile picture you probably want to change it for anonymity.

The above seems like a good idea. Remember to balance out your workload each semester with at least 1 easy class.