how to meet up diff pharmacy school's prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenarcisist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

i'm a current pre-pharmacy student at drake university, hoping to transfer next year fall to another college for my pharmacy degree.
i noticed that Drake doesn't offer some courses like physics, philosophy & anatomy, economics etc and i have barely a year to finish up these prerequisites, what schools do you know out there that could waive a few prerequisites as well as admit with a decent tuition and fees.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You're not going to find many schools that will waive these pre-requisites unless you graduate with a Bachelors. But most Bachelors degrees require you take classes like physics and philosophy anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hello,

i'm a current pre-pharmacy student at drake university, hoping to transfer next year fall to another college for my pharmacy degree.
i noticed that Drake doesn't offer some courses like physics, philosophy & anatomy, economics etc and i have barely a year to finish up these prerequisites, what schools do you know out there that could waive a few prerequisites as well as admit with a decent tuition and fees.

thanks.
I took a look around Drake's website and found all of the courses you listed.
  • Physics: PHY 001/002 Intro Physics I/II, PHY 011/012 General Physics I/II
  • Philosophy: PHIL 021 Intro to Philosophy, PHIL 090 Ethics, PHIL 117 Healthcare Ethics
  • Anatomy: HSCI 141 (and physiology is HSCI 125; both have corresponding labs)
  • Economics: ECON 002/010 Principles of Micro/Macroeconomics, respectively
Do these not work for you?

Hi @thenarcisist! Some schools may allow you to finish up prerequisite courses during the summer months before pharmacy school begins. I think one of the better ways to approach your situation is to gather a list of potential schools you are interested in. Then contact their pharmacy department or registrar office to ask about the potential to waive prerequisites or to meet the prerequisite requirements during the summer months. Most tuition and fees should be posted on a pharmacy school's website but you can contact the registrar about that as well if you can't find it.

I hope this helps!

I took a look around Drake's website and found all of the courses you listed.
  • Physics: PHY 001/002 Intro Physics I/II, PHY 011/012 General Physics I/II
  • Philosophy: PHIL 021 Intro to Philosophy, PHIL 090 Ethics, PHIL 117 Healthcare Ethics
  • Anatomy: HSCI 141 (and physiology is HSCI 125; both have corresponding labs)
  • Economics: ECON 002/010 Principles of Micro/Macroeconomics, respectively
Do these not work for you?
yes it does work, and thanks for replying by the way.
But what i meant by not offering these courses is that these courses aren't a part of the Drake's pharmacy prerequisites.
Drake has a set of courses that they expect you to fulfill to be accepted into it's pharmacy school which are not so similar to other colleges' pharmacy school list of courses, so that's almost pushing me back to not transfer due to limited time to complete not just Drake's prerequisites but other college's pharmacy school's prerequisites