How to Organize Powerpoints

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Two Sides

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently make a folder for a block, and then have sub folders per date (ex. GI folder w/ 2/2, 2/3, etc).

It’s a little cumbersome trying to go through all the folders. I personally like printing but it’s getting a little bit heavy on my budget (need color), and some professors have macros and notes on their slides.

I have a Mac and is there a software or tool that can help? OneNote is clunky on my Mac.

Members don't see this ad.

I currently make a folder for a block, and then have sub folders per date (ex. GI folder w/ 2/2, 2/3, etc).

It’s a little cumbersome trying to go through all the folders. I personally like printing but it’s getting a little bit heavy on my budget (need color), and some professors have macros and notes on their slides.

I have a Mac and is there a software or tool that can help? OneNote is clunky on my Mac.

Isn't there a more Mac specific OneNote clone? I attribute at least my success partially to how well I organized all the powerpoints and could blow through them so quick with OneNote. Maybe try it again.

Just follow along in Notability and annotate along the way. Backup the .pdf to a desktop and study from that.

Reactions: 1 user