How to practice research skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taylorthegr8

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-traction in Non-Trad forum, so thought I would try here:

Incoming M1 non-trad with little science background outside of high school science classes and my recent post-bacc. My original degree is in social sciences and I have worked as a teacher for about a decade. My hard science research exposure basically boils down to the papers and projects I did in my post-bacc classes the last two years and a small research project with my biochem prof that ended early due to covid.

Does anyone have any advice or resources to suggest that can help me build a better functional understanding of how to do the types of research projects that medical students often undertake?

I am very interested in psychiatry but realize that it is too early for me to know what I like due to lack of knowledge about many specialties. I want to keep options open and understand that research is a big deal for certain specialties. I would like to hit the ground running when school starts this summer and be ready for research opportunities that may arise. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user