How to prepare for inservice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waterlover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! What resources should I be using to maximize my performance on the inservice exam? Other than Rosh Review, like other helpful sources?

Members don't see this ad.

Peer 8 or whatever the number is now. I basically just did every question in peer 8 before my boards and passed easily. Should work well for the in-service too.

Reactions: 1 user
For in-service performance and long term learning in general, I don't think cramming will make much difference. Maybe a few percentage points. The people that cram and pass almost certainly would have passed without it.

Instead, I highly recommend something sustainable, like 5-10 ROSH questions a day. Actually read and try to learn from the answers. Quick, 10-15 minutes of your time. By the end of the year you will have done thousands of questions and will have had better knowledge retention than trying to cram a thousand questions in say a month.

But that's not why you are here, you are here because you are looking for something short term. I'd still do questions. A good free resource of high yield facts is EM foundations board review comprehensive packet. Its a systems-based Q+A of high yield facts. It's extensive, but free and an excellent resource. There's also a quizlet version for those that prefer that format.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For in-service performance and long term learning in general, I don't think cramming will make much difference. Maybe a few percentage points. The people that cram and pass almost certainly would have passed without it.

Instead, I highly recommend something sustainable, like 5-10 ROSH questions a day. Actually read and try to learn from the answers. Quick, 10-15 minutes of your time. By the end of the year you will have done thousands of questions and will have had better knowledge retention than trying to cram a thousand questions in say a month.

But that's not why you are here, you are here because you are looking for something short term. I'd still do questions. A good free resource of high yield facts is EM foundations board review comprehensive packet. Its a systems-based Q+A of high yield facts. It's extensive, but free and an excellent resource. There's also a quizlet version for those that prefer that format.

Thanks! Do you have a password for this? It's asking for one.

Weird. Click learner resources, then click in training review on the menu. Should take you there without a password. The only thing that should be password protected is all the faculty resources for EMF. All the residents resources are free and open access.

Rosh, make flashcards (something free on your phone like Quizlet) for missed questions, review daily. Finish entire Rosh at least once through.

Thank you!

HippoED is good if you don’t want to just read. Can get it for free if you get a ACOEP RSO education membership. I have been using FA for EM boards along with ROSH this year. Seems ok so far.