How to prepare for pcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenil2005

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
I am taking the Pcat in OCT 2005. Right now i have Kaplan book for Pcat study. But after reading the threads kind of scared me. I am not sure what material should i study i mean kaplan , Barrons and so on. I study the chemistry section and i am kool with that. But as english is my second language i am not confident about the Verbal abitlity section and also not sure how to prepare for biology. Should i study the topics in the kaplan book or other stuff with that too that i am studying in biology 2. Also, can someone explain me clearly Pcat added the calculus section on the test. Ok no problem. But some people are talking about pre calculus. what should i study for calculus or pre calc and what topics if any? . Its for those guys who knows and took the test. No offense for other people you can put your opinion. Thanx for the help. Keep the good work coming.

Members don't see this ad.

got damn no one replying. I don't think people are serious about pcat.
This SUcks???????

You can find all over the forum what materials are good to study. There are threads about how to study for verbal ability too. Barrons, Kaplan, even GRE study books will all have relevant materials. Standardized tests over the same subjects will all have similarities, just like almost every college intro-biology textbook covers the same subjects (often in the exact same order). I don't remember much calculus on the test, maybe a derrivative or an integral, or find the equation that a corresponds to a graph. But there will definitely be trigonometry questions (I think that's what a lot of people call Pre-Cal). I think the best thing is to do a lot of practice tests, and then go back to your textbooks to study the areas you are having trouble with.

Thanx buddy. appreciated. Good luck for your pharmacy career. Peace

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied from Kaplan PCAT book, some GRE Books (for verbal and Reading comprehension) and pre-calculus + calculus text books. I depended on PCAT for biology review & chemistry review. I also borrowed tons of vocabulary CDs to increase my vocabularies. Also, if I were to do it all over again, I'd pay for the practice test and do it early on before I start reviewing so that I know which areas I need to improve and practice writing essays in 25 minutes, time went by really fast. Good luck :D

I'm taking the PCAT too. From the threads, it seemed that Kaplan was the most widely used, so that's what I bought. I haven't gotten any verbal study material, but I heard that SAT and GRE verbal material is good. As for any exam, practice makes perfect, so for sure..do a lot of practice problems. Good luck. :)

Hey everyone....

Can anyone tell me if Kaplan's PCAT prep-program( either online or in-class) is good or not??

'cause I'm planning to take it in august..I know it's lot of money but...oh well!!! if it helps me to prepare for the test then heck ya,,,I'll spend even more.....

Please....please..please let me know .... what do u guys think about the program???? Anyone with persoanl experience??? :)