• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How to properly do USMLE World?

rankin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2007
    Just wanted to know the preferred strategy. After you do a question you of course read the explanation but do you also read every wrong answer even if you got the question right and record info from the wrong answer (like if your annotating FA)?

Or do you just read the answer and make sure you get it and add to FA then move on?

2012mdc

Enjoying the Dark Side
    5+ Year Member
    Mar 9, 2010
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Just wanted to know the preferred strategy. After you do a question you of course read the explanation but do you also read every wrong answer even if you got the question right and record info from the wrong answer (like if your annotating FA)?

Or do you just read the answer and make sure you get it and add to FA then move on?

I read the explanations for every question. I annotated when I got a question wrong or had a lucky guess. I also annotated when I read something that was completely new to me. You definitely don't have to annotate everything, don't waste time annotating stuff you already know or that is clear in FA

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.