how to rank these programs ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathdoubled

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to competitiveness for landing a job after residency and training quality, what is the order (no location preference) ?
1. Wayne State U-Detroit Medical Center
2. SUNY-Downstate
3. University of Oklahoma HSC
4. SUNY-Buffalo
5. University of Missouri - Columbia

Members don't see this ad.

None of these are on the competitive category. But relatively speaking among these, here is what I would rank:
2. University of Oklahoma HSC
3. SUNY-Downstate
4. SUNY-Buffalo

Thanks for your comments. You are right that these are not really competitive programs, and that is why it is difficult to decide the order.

None of these are on the competitive category. But relatively speaking among these, here is what I would rank:
2. University of Oklahoma HSC
3. SUNY-Downstate
4. SUNY-Buffalo

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming you interviewed at these places, you are in a better position to rank them than anyone.

I don't know anything about any of those programs, but I agree w/ Gene. If you interviewed, you're the best person for the job.

The 5 programs are from different parts of the country. Where do you want to live? Also, I don't know if you're considering fellowship. You may want to check what opportunities each of those programs have. In my experience, you're almost always better off as an in-house candidate.

----- Antony

According to competitiveness for landing a job after residency and training quality, what is the order (no location preference) ?
2. SUNY-Downstate
3. University of Oklahoma HSC
4. SUNY-Buffalo

It depends on where you want to live after training. The job market seems to be better in the midwest, so those state programs (Mizzou and Oklahoma) would probably place you well in those states. Otherwise I don't really know.

Fellowship is a major concern, location is not a problem. I have not visited all these places yet, but I do wish to have a general idea beforehand.

No offense to anyone on the forums but I'm pretty sure SUNY Buffalo is a much better program than SUNY Downstate....have heard this from SUNY Downstate people...

Guys, I have heard That U at Buffalo has their residents rotate in Roswell Park Cancer center for a long time. Is that a great plus for their training ? Several people mentioned a lot of nice things about this cancer center.