How to "recharge" without losing too much study time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139416

These days I have been studying so much that my brain feels like mush. But I also don't want to take too many days off cause I lose study time. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Set up a schedule, both when you study AND when you don’t.

Also - hit the gym regularly and get shredded. Graduate med school as jacked and tan as possible. This is the whey.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Set aside a pre-determined amount of time to indulge in your favorite hobby. A little bit can go a long way there. Try to get some regular socializing in with friends and/or family. Social isolation is killer. Also do some exercise at least a few times a week and get at least 7 hours of sleep each night to reduce your baseline level of fatigue.

Reactions: 2 users
Study days I use the pomodoro technique and exercise for 30 minutes before dinner to break up the day. I take sundays completely off to recharge. So I go to church and then do something fun, and avoid anything school related.

Reactions: 1 user
Make a daily routine to decompress and 1-2 days per week to not do anything. It helps to break down your study time into daily bits for each section so that you get what you need done plus 1-2 weeks to review everything for exam. But the most important thing is daily decompression

To recharge without losing too much study time, you can try the following strategies:

1. Take Short Breaks: Incorporate short breaks into your study routine. For example, after studying for 45-60 minutes, take a 10-15 minute break. Use this time to stretch, do a quick physical activity, or engage in a relaxing activity that helps you recharge.
  2. Practice Mindfulness or Meditation: Dedicate a few minutes to mindfulness or meditation techniques to clear your mind and reduce stress. This can help improve focus and mental clarity when you return to studying.
  3. Get Moving: Engage in physical activity during your breaks. Take a brisk walk, do some stretching exercises, or try a quick workout routine. Physical activity can boost your energy levels and improve your mood.
  4. Hydrate and Snack Smart: Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout your study session. Have healthy snacks available, such as fruits, nuts, or yogurt, to provide a quick energy boost.
  5. Power Naps: If you feel exhausted or drowsy, consider taking a short power nap. Keep it around 20-30 minutes to avoid entering deep sleep and feeling groggy afterward. Napping can refresh your mind and enhance alertness.
  6. Change Your Environment: If possible, change your study environment to avoid monotony. Move to a different room, go to a library, or find a quiet outdoor spot. A change of scenery can stimulate your mind and improve focus.
  7. Practice Deep Breathing: Deep breathing exercises can help reduce stress and increase oxygen flow to your brain, boosting mental alertness. Take a few minutes to practice deep, slow breaths to relax and re-energize.
  8. Engage in a Hobby or Creative Outlet: Dedicate some time to an enjoyable hobby or creative activity that helps you relax and recharge. It can be playing a musical instrument, drawing, painting, writing, or any other activity that brings you joy and allows you to take a mental break from studying.
Remember, finding the right balance between study and recharge is essential for maintaining productivity and preventing burnout. Experiment with different strategies and routines to discover what works best for you. Listen to your body and mind, and give yourself permission to take breaks when needed to optimize your overall study performance.
We need to ban ChatGPT responses. If I want a response from a robot, I will ask a robot.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users