How to remind 2 docs for LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Itsarainbow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I had 2 docs that said would write me LOR but its been almost 3 months since I sent the requests via ERAS and they have yet to upload anything. The ERAS deadline is still little more than a month away but I'm worried they might have forgot. What would be a nice and proper way to remind them? Thank you in advance

Sidenote; one of the docs is old school and I had to mail in my request form. I would have to call his office.
 
Just a simple friendly reminder email- now that I’m in the role of writing LORs, I can appreciate the time it takes to write one, and if I have several to write, it can take some time. So I always appreciate a reminder email. But I do remember being in that stage of asking others to write LORs, and it can be stressful at times waiting for them to come in, so I feel ya...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also remember how stressful this is- don't sweat the reminder at all. I distinctly remember as a premed and medical student getting a little frustrated with the lack of responsiveness and need for reminders to docs for things like this, and I swore I would never be "that guy" that left mentees hanging until the last possible second. Needless to say, I totally get it now that I'm on the other side. I have never reacted internally to a reminder email that was anything other than "Oh crap- thanks for the reminder. I'll do it right now."

We've all been there.