1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

how to report summer school

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ak47, May 15, 2008.

1. ak47

ak47 flossy flossy

Dental Student
    I know someone asked this is a while ago but I can't find it so I apoligize in advance. I took summer school at the some school (not where I'm getting my degree from) in the summer of 2006 and the summer of 2007. How do I report this on AADSAS? Do I do June 06-August 07 even though I wasn't there from Sept 06-May 07? Thank you!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hybridtavo

Hybridtavo Dr Ortegon

Dentist
    I called AADSAS about that, Look on the institutions you attended just put where ever u go to take courses. Now when u r inputing the individual courses and grades thats when u pick the college/University for that time period and add the summer courses u took.
    Hope it helped :thumbup:

4. ak47

ak47 flossy flossy

Dental Student
    Sorry, I don't quite get it. Are you saying to leave the dates blank...because it won't let you save it if you try that. Thanks again

5. Hybridtavo

Hybridtavo Dr Ortegon

Dentist
    In one section you u just have to input the colleges/institutions you have attended right??? So in my case I attended BCC, and UF for the time frames BCC last course I took was last summer and I began back in 2001. So u input 2001 then month up to 2007 month, same for University.
    Then when u go to course input (where u pretty much have to rewrite ur transcripts) you input following a chronological pattern.
    ex: Spring 2007 (input classes, grades, etc) then in my case I took 2 Summer courses at BCC, so after im done w the spring semester info I click "back to my course list" and then "Add a new COMPLETED session" and then pick BCC and add the courses.
    Hope this one was clear enough :)

6. jlee1986

Dental Student
    this is from the aadsas instruction booklet that can be found online (2009 version, page 14):

Dates of Attendance
    Enter the beginning and ending dates of attendance, or anticipated end date, regardless of gaps in attendance.

i hope this is what you were looking for!

7. ak47

ak47 flossy flossy

Dental Student
    thanks you jlee and hybrid. good luck to you both