How to select DPT programs ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT2024-2027

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

What are some efficient ways to filter DPT programs based on your statistics and preferences ? I have a list already but I want to refine that list once more ! Thank You

Thank you for your advice

Members don't see this ad.

The APTA directory of schools depending on state, you can filter between private and public, accredited and not(idk why you’d change this), and if they require the GRE.

I personally did it by
Private or public
Looking at their average accepted scores
Tuition
Location, if they’re located in a major city or small city and availability and pricing of housing
Their first time and eventual pass rates of the national board exam and graduation rates.

Some people have lists already for cheapest schools, low average GPA accepted schools, no GRE schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely have your questions about the curriculum and clinical experience too. Go to recruiting events to hear how students integrate with the other professions since Interprofessionalism is a big topic in health education. This includes any student run clinics you may be part of.

Diversity of patients is also important. The more experience you get, the more confidence you get when it comes to the job market (after you pass the NPTE)