How to send dat score asap?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlanta213

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My fellow predental students

I e-submitted my application on Jun 10th. And I am planning to take my dat on beginning of August. Could you guys give me advice how to send dat score asap?

Is there anything to do before taking dat?

thax

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard you can fax the print out the testing center gives you when you finish...some schools will accept that temporarily while you send the scores in officially

I've heard you can fax the print out the testing center gives you when you finish...some schools will accept that temporarily while you send the scores in officially

The ADA should automatically forward official scores to the 5 schools we designated during DAT registration, correct?

Does anyone know if schools have received official scores yet (I've called 2-3 schools, and they've all said that they're still waiting for official scores to arrive electronically)?

Members don't see this ad :)

That sounds right, though I don't think they'll really look at your DAT scores without the rest or your application this early in the game. People usually do this (fax/email/post their DAT scores) when they're taking the DAT later (in the fall-winter-spring), and the school likes their app but wants new DAT scores ASAP.

So, yes OP, I think you could do this, though schools might wait for AADSAS DAT report anyway.

You can fax/email the unofficial score report you receive from the testing center. Per the ADA it can take as long as 6 weeks to process and distribute your official score report.

As always..............check with the individual schools to see how they would like this situation handled.

My fellow predental students

I e-submitted my application on Jun 10th. And I am planning to take my dat on beginning of August. Could you guys give me advice how to send dat score asap?

Is there anything to do before taking dat?

thax

Like everyone said, you can fax your score sheet to the schools. Call your schools and ask if they accept your faxed scores. Some schools will not, while others do. If you take your test in August, schools should receive your scores in 2 weeks (the latest). Make sure to call the schools and ask, after 2 weeks, if they received your scores. Also ask them if there's anything else you need to do to complete your application. Doesn't hurt to know that you've done everything right.