Technology How to set up countdown clock

Started by GMO2003
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GMO2003

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping some of you technophiles out there that know how to build a webpage could tell me how I could set up a clock on my desktop that could literally countdown to the second how many days until I can ETS from the military 😀
 
Well, I don't know how to build a webpage, but I'd use something like Konfabulator . It's a program that lets you put a bunch of widgets on your desktop, including calendars, the weather, and a countdown clock . You can find many different widgets in the gallery section.
 
http://www.countdowntime.com/timetogo/editions.cfm/edition/Army

I have the customizable model and love it. I can use it for my birthday, graduation, whatever. Check the site out if you don't mind spending money. I think it's a lot better to have a separate unit because a computer one eats up precious CPU cycles on your computer and takes up screen real estate. It counts down to the 0.1 second; so far, mine has gone 1.5 years on 1 AA battery.