How to start prep for boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCI->Scholl

Scholl 2009
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, Im a second year and want to start thinking about how to prepare for boards.

What books to get, what to study, how to study... basically any pearls of wisdom you guys can pass down would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Any of the USMLE First Step Guides will help, and don't forget your lower limb anatomy notes.

UCI->Scholl said:
Basically, Im a second year and want to start thinking about how to prepare for boards.

What books to get, what to study, how to study... basically any pearls of wisdom you guys can pass down would be very much appreciated.

I know that you are a second year now. However, for NBPME Part 2 boards (which you take in your 4th year), there is a prep book out there specifically for NBPME Part 2 boards. The name of that book is called "Pearls of Wisdom: NBPME Part 2 Podiatry Board Exam".

As for the Part 1 board exams, Dr. Feelgood already recommended an excellent resource in his posting. One of those resources include First Aid for USMLE Step 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCI->Scholl said:

My boyfriends father has a close friend who is a Neurologist. One day she was throwing out all her study books that she used to prepare for the boards. My boyfriend got them all for me, so if you ever want to look through and see if there are any you could use I have a TON of them you could borrow. Especially since it's only my first year and I don't have to take the boards yet. :)

molldoll2010dpm said:
My boyfriends father has a close friend who is a Neurologist. One day she was throwing out all her study books that she used to prepare for the boards. My boyfriend got them all for me, so if you ever want to look through and see if there are any you could use I have a TON of them you could borrow. Especially since it's only my first year and I don't have to take the boards yet. :)

I will perhaps have to take you up on that offer. :thumbup:

UCI->Scholl said:
I will perhaps have to take you up on that offer. :thumbup:

I will be at orientation!!! I always love to help my peers out!! :)

In addition to the USMLE Step One I would recommend looking over micro, path and pharm which is podiatry specific. Such as antifungal drugs etc. Good luck.

I study that and didn't see one buzz word on the test this year.