How to start preparing for Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILovetheOC

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be going into second year soon, and I need some advice on how to, over the course of the year, prepare for Step 1. I've gotten a recent edition (2002) of First Aid for free and have read a couple of chapters and am freaking out at what I don't remember. All words of wisdom appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Just focus on learning the material in your 2nd year because this year contains most of what you need to know for the Step exam. When February-March comes around begin looking at review books to refresh your memory on Freshman classes.

I am studying for my Step 1 exam now that I will take in a few weeks and used the same approach. You'll be surprised to see how much you actually know when you learned the material the 1st time and not when REVIEWING for boards.

Good luck.....and relax, you have plenty of time.

ILovetheOC said:
I'll be going into second year soon, and I need some advice on how to, over the course of the year, prepare for Step 1. I've gotten a recent edition (2002) of First Aid for free and have read a couple of chapters and am freaking out at what I don't remember. All words of wisdom appreciated!