how to start studying for dat??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarheels7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on taking the DAT in about 2 months and I have been studying for the past 3 weeks but it has not worked out too well. So I am wondering how I should study? I have DAT destroyer, kaplans blue book, cliffs ap bio, cliffs ap chem and crackpat. Also should i study for one section at a time or do 1 section for a couple of days and then go to another section?

Members don't see this ad.

A good way to go about it would be to go through Kaplan and Cliffs AP bio first. Take notes and make sure you know these inside and out. While going over these, practice with CDP and for the QR section. Also, when studying Gchem and Ochem, go through Chad's videos to understand things better. After you feel comfortable with the sections, then, and only then move onto destroyer. I would also recommend buying Topscore and using the practice tests to guage where you are at throughout your study techniques. Most people on these forums will tell you to do a different subject each day or every few days so you do not burn out or hit a wall. Hope this helps and gl with your preparation.

Best way to start off review your material a full thorough study of the natural sciences as well as math. Try using kaplan blue book it covers everything . Also use cliff's ap bio with it. Start working on PAT as soon as you can as that will take a lot of practice. Then once u feel u have a strong understanding of these subjects. Do the practices tests for kaplan if you have them. Or start digging into destroyer as it is quite challenging but more helpful than probably anything else you will use. Keep going at it with destroyer and time yourself and see what ur getting right as well as wrong make lil practice tests of the questions and keep testing yourself as you progress you will see what is working well for you. best of luck