how to study for general chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dream6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I go about studying general chemistry?

I have the following resources: Kaplan Blue, AP chemistry prep book REA and Princeton review, and my college chem textbook.
My chemistry background is somewhat solid, but I do need to polish some areas up.

I have a lot free time. A lot! I don't want to study for this by just doing problems. I want to learn the material properly, but at the same time I don't want to over learn things that won't be on the DAT).

Based on the sources I have, how should I learn GC for the DATs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Easy there is only one way to do this in my opinion...Chad's Videos from Course Saver and then couple that with his quizzes and the DAT destroyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chads videos and his quizzes are the way to go. If you have lots of time I would say understand all the destroyer questions and you should be close to a perfect score in gchem and orgo. I know you didn't ask but MATH destroyer was so close to the real QR that I was mad when I took my test because if I would spent a couple days going over math destroyer I could have got a 20 in QR.

Chads videos and his quizzes are the way to go. If you have lots of time I would say understand all the destroyer questions and you should be close to a perfect score in gchem and orgo. I know you didn't ask but MATH destroyer was so close to the real QR that I was mad when I took my test because if I would spent a couple days going over math destroyer I could have got a 20 in QR.

Dat destroyer more for practice problems or studying material? Is it something I should get now or later? I'm in the beginning stages of studying for the DAT.
FYI, I plan on taking the test in a couple of years.

Thanks for the responses guys!