How to study for PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noni

Dr.noni
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having real hard time studying for PAT section, I am getting 14-16 range in PAT practice from Achiever. I am using Barons book for studying for this section.
:scared: :scared: :scared: Help!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The only practice material that I know of is Kaplan's. See if you can find someone with out Kaplan study materials.

Just make sure to take lots of timed practice sections of PAT. I took the Kaplan course, but there PAT practice tests sections are way easier than the actual PAT on the DAT. I was scoring around 20's on the Kaplan tests but only made a 18 on the actual PAT portion of the DAT.

There is one good thing about the PAT....

As long as you get a 17 and higher, your in good shape :)
Its not like the other parts of the DAT (where higher numbers mean better chances to get accepted).

Members don't see this ad :)
I never hand any trouble with doing well on the section, but the Kaplan course has some rules that work on every problem.

Hi,

While it's true that Kaplan has rules or strategies for attempting different kinds of problems, I found that many of them would take too much crucial time. Instead, I would recommend checking out Barron's DAT book and use it solely for the PAT section, they have some strategies which proved very helpful for me on the real exam.

Hi,

While it's true that Kaplan has rules or strategies for attempting different kinds of problems, I found that many of them would take too much crucial time. Instead, I would recommend checking out Barron's DAT book and use it solely for the PAT section, they have some strategies which proved very helpful for me on the real exam.

He has already used the Barron Book, the problem is that you need more repetition.

I am having real hard time studying for PAT section, I am getting 14-16 range in PAT practice from Achiever. I am using Barons book for studying for this section.
:scared: :scared: :scared: Help!!!!!

Achiever is much much harder than the actual PAT. Kaplan is much more representative of the actual test. I got 20-21s on Achiever and went up to 25 on the real thing.