• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

noni

Dr.noni
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am having real hard time studying for PAT section, I am getting 14-16 range in PAT practice from Achiever. I am using Barons book for studying for this section.
:scared: :scared: :scared: Help!!!!!

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
The only practice material that I know of is Kaplan's. See if you can find someone with out Kaplan study materials.

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Charleston, South Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Just make sure to take lots of timed practice sections of PAT. I took the Kaplan course, but there PAT practice tests sections are way easier than the actual PAT on the DAT. I was scoring around 20's on the Kaplan tests but only made a 18 on the actual PAT portion of the DAT.

Nasem

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2006
Lansing, MI
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There is one good thing about the PAT....

As long as you get a 17 and higher, your in good shape :)
Its not like the other parts of the DAT (where higher numbers mean better chances to get accepted).

About the Ads

haavoc

10+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi,

While it's true that Kaplan has rules or strategies for attempting different kinds of problems, I found that many of them would take too much crucial time. Instead, I would recommend checking out Barron's DAT book and use it solely for the PAT section, they have some strategies which proved very helpful for me on the real exam.

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi,

While it's true that Kaplan has rules or strategies for attempting different kinds of problems, I found that many of them would take too much crucial time. Instead, I would recommend checking out Barron's DAT book and use it solely for the PAT section, they have some strategies which proved very helpful for me on the real exam.

He has already used the Barron Book, the problem is that you need more repetition.

H2OPOLODENT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I am having real hard time studying for PAT section, I am getting 14-16 range in PAT practice from Achiever. I am using Barons book for studying for this section.
:scared: :scared: :scared: Help!!!!!

Achiever is much much harder than the actual PAT. Kaplan is much more representative of the actual test. I got 20-21s on Achiever and went up to 25 on the real thing.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.