How to study for RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepinxlionhar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm having a hard time deciding how to study for RC. I took the kaplan practice test, and I scored a 14 on RC(yes, that horrible). I find myself really running out of time. I tried two methods 1. Read the passage, then answer the question. 2. Go straight to the questions and hunt for the answers in the passage. But both times, I ran out of time. If I did try to finsih all the problems, I think it would have taken me about an hour and half or so.

So I need some help as to what study materials I should get to help improve my score on RC. I searched on this forum, and what I pretty much got was that some people were just reading science articles to prep for the RC part, others have used EK's verbal book(which I'm iffy on because the MCAT is pretty different).

Right now, I have DAT Destoryer, but that doesn't have RC section, and I'm thinking about getting Topscore 2009(I have to make sure it's not like the 1998 version that they just slapped on a "2009"), and DAT Achiever. Are those enough practice for RC? What are other study materials I could use besides just reading science articles?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I have heard the MCAT stuff is dif. The passages are way shorter, but it might help for the tone type of questions to do in addition to longer DAT style passages

i saw an LSAT book that had alot of inference passages and all that stuff
was thinkin bout gettin it