How to study for verbal ?

Started by andy4pharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andy4pharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok,
So im gonna take the PCAT this august, and starting freaking out about the verbal.
Basically, i think im ok with bio, quantitative and chemistry.
I took kaplan and dr collin practice exams, and did good on above subjects.
For verbal session, im totally guessing almost all the questions except for some of the easy analogies. I tried to memorize the meaning of word list, but it seems meaningless since i tend to forget them frequently.
Is there any way to improve verbal session ? im not a native english speaker.
 
Well I got the same question. I just started studying for the PCAT. I am giving it in August. I am using Kaplan right now. But am also thinking of buying dr. collins.

How did you find Dr. Collins Test and his stuff.
 
Well I got the same question. I just started studying for the PCAT. I am giving it in August. I am using Kaplan right now. But am also thinking of buying dr. collins.

How did you find Dr. Collins Test and his stuff.
hey coolboy,
i didnt buy the dr. collins stuff, but my friend did and we splitted the cost. where did you register to take the pcat ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok,
So im gonna take the PCAT this august, and starting freaking out about the verbal.
Basically, i think im ok with bio, quantitative and chemistry.
I took kaplan and dr collin practice exams, and did good on above subjects.
For verbal session, im totally guessing almost all the questions except for some of the easy analogies. I tried to memorize the meaning of word list, but it seems meaningless since i tend to forget them frequently.
Is there any way to improve verbal session ? im not a native english speaker.

go over as many SAT vocabs as you can. there are thousands of vocabs, so this will take a lot of time.