How to Study Gross Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunwayModel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which is the best way to study Gross Anatomy? The resources that I know that are out there:

1. High Yield Gross Anatomy ISBN: 0781770157
2. Rapid Review Gross Anatomy ISBN: 0323045510
3. BRS Gross Anatomy ISBN: 0781753090
4. USMLE Road Map Gross Anatomy ISBN: 0071445161
5. Kaplan Lecture Notes

Which is the best to use with respect to doing well on that section without getting bogged down with the minutiae? I know people have said a lot of the Gross Anatomy questions are hit and miss. I didn't think the First Aid sections of Gross Anatomy, in looking at the organ systems, were that impressive.

I have about a year till Step 1 but we have to take it the month before 3rd year, 4 weeks after 2nd year is over. And yes, I know, I still have to take 2nd year courses, but I will not be studying in the summer, but starting slowly studying in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I think that HY Anat. will be plenty (when used in conjunction with FA). Once you go through your 2nd year classes you'll realize that there are MANY more important things to put your time into. Also, studying anatomy can be kind of "hit or miss" due to the small amount of questions on the boards, thus making it a lower yield (less "bang for your buck") type of category.

(Not to mention, I think there have published or already published a newer HY edition, which is actually even longer than the previous one. The increased length may or may not be beneficial, however there are more pictures so that's a plus.)