1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

how to study kaplan blue book

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Slimfast, May 13, 2008.

1. Slimfast

Dental Student
    When you guys study with the Kaplan blue book do you read and go through every single page of every section (biology, chem, inorganic, etc...)?

It just seems like there's way too much information- it can't all possibly be tested, can it?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. userah

Dental Student
    haha well i can tell you that for bio, there's a lot more that's tested on than what's in the book. for orgo and chem, i think it does a pretty well rounded job of going through everything you need to know. it's really not that much material if you do 4-5 hrs each day...

4. CUDental

Pre-Dental
    I agree - you're going to need more than that for bio. It was fine for gen chem and orgo though. And yes, only a very small fraction of it will be tested, but all of it could be tested so you still have to know it all (or as much as you can).

5. OMFS08

OMFS08 Tooth Extractornator

Resident [Any Field]
    Just for sport, how long did it take you guys to complete the Kaplan BLUE book?:rolleyes:

6. userah

Dental Student
    few weeks. orgo was fastest. chem so so and bio took the longest...

7. dontwakeme

Post Doc
    Kaplan is too basic and cursory (mainly for Bio). Learn it cold and supplement with Cliffs, Schaum's, Campbell's, Destroyer, etc.

8. OMFS08

OMFS08 Tooth Extractornator

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, it seems like everybody only took a few weeks to a month to complete the Kaplan Blue book. The shortest I heard was 1 week! I think that is absurd. No matter how basic the information, YOU NEED TO KNOW IT! But hey thats just my opinion.