How to study using USMLE World

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studyingforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you study using World? Do you take notes on the questions that you get wrong or just highlight and read it again later? I started taking notes, but I am getting so many wrong that I can't keep up! Its taking a lot of time. Just wondering how you are all using it.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Good question, looking forward to the replies.

I'll just attach this question to the above post:

Don't people get demoralized when using UW? I ask because everyone says that UW questions are harder than the real deal. So if people get many questions wrong in UW, isn't that a psychological demoralizing factor?

Thanks.

Last edited:
How do you study using World? Do you take notes on the questions that you get wrong or just highlight and read it again later? I started taking notes, but I am getting so many wrong that I can't keep up! Its taking a lot of time. Just wondering how you are all using it.

Thanks

I guess that depends on how you study. I am all about taking notes & re-writing explanations in my own words whereas people in my class have just re-read all the UW Qs w/o notes & did fine. I like the note taking aspect since you can organise where in your FA (or whatever book you are using) the stuff goes.

Good question, looking forword to the replies.

I'll just attach this question to the above post:

Don't people get demoralized when using UW? I ask because everyone says that UW questions are harder than the real deal. So if people get many questions wrong in UW, isn't that a psychological demoralizing factor?

Thanks.

I did find the Qs to be harder. As such, when I was getting a ton of them wrong, that's what I told myself....They are harder. So while once in a while you feel like giving up when a 30% correct rolls around (luckily only 2 of those for me) you tell yourself that UW should be used as a LEARNING tool NOT a "How well do I know this stuff".

Read all the explanations, takes notes & then a week before the beast just re-read your FA over & over again.

Good Luck