How to turn down acceptance in this situation?

Started by deleted1151110
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1151110

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I want to turn down an acceptance that has its fee/decision deadline for me later this week. This school doesn't seem to use a portal system where I can opt to withdraw my application. Is it rude for me to just let the fee/decision deadline pass without sending an email? If I send an email, what should I say? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I want to turn down an acceptance that has its fee/decision deadline for me later this week. This school doesn't seem to use a portal system where I can opt to withdraw my application. Is it rude for me to just let the fee/decision deadline pass without sending an email? If I send an email, what should I say? Thanks

Dear School,

I'm honored to have been selected for your class of 2028. However, I have already accepted an offer from another College of Osteopathic Medicine. I look forward to working alongside your graduates as colleagues in the future.

Best,

Xbeeman