How to Use DAT Destroyer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyroadrunner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How should I use the DAT Destroyer? I've been having trouble with Bio. I just can't seem to get everything straight, should I use the Destroyer as a question and answer or more to learn facts? Should I try to answer and then look up the solutions? Or attempt to learn the topic from the question and solutions. I'm freaking out and only have one month until my test.

Members don't see this ad.

Use Destroyer to learn. I recommend making a study guide for each topic and then placing material from each question that you either don't know or don't 100% understand under said topic. I only went through it once, but by the time I was done I had literally 40 pages of SOLID biology notes. I then added in diagrams and pictures. If you go through it and really take the time to learn, you will be golden. Destroyer tests like 4 topics in one question so you really get your times worth.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going over the Bio section for the first time and the way I'm doing it is creating flashcards of each question that I don't get right (95% of them) with the info in the solutions part. When I have a chance I go over them. It's working pretty well so far, to the point where by the second time I go over it I think I will get most of the questions right. It's not just about getting them right or wrong, but actually learning why and mastering the concepts.

I'm doing ~30 questions of Bio/day from DAT Destroyer. Then, I make Anki flashcards of the questions I miss and do 30 of those each day. I also have Anki flashcards for Ferali's notes. And to round out biology for the day, I read one chapter of Russelldw's notes on Cliff's AP Bio

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What I did was spend a week doing ~200 destroyer questions per day (divided evenly among all the sections) and then spend the week after that learning from my mistakes with ~200 reviews per day. Worked decently well for me, I can zoom through all of destroyer in ~3 days now! I'll let you know how that works after my test in ~35 hours lol.

I'm doing ~30 questions of Bio/day from DAT Destroyer. Then, I make Anki flashcards of the questions I miss and do 30 of those each day. I also have Anki flashcards for Ferali's notes. And to round out biology for the day, I read one chapter of Russelldw's notes on Cliff's AP Bio

Where can I find Russeldw's notes? I've heard good things

I reviewed all of biology before I opened the DAT. I did 300 questions one day then the other 300 questions the day after. I reviewed every answer. Now, I do 2oo questions a day. Then I review every answer and explanation in the back of the book. I do the first 100 in the morning, then the other 100 during the evening. Biology questions are pretty fast to go through. However, I did not merely rely on destroyer for biology knowledge, I read biology notes beforehand(the boring part) so it made it easier to answer questions since I knew the material, otherwise you're going to have a terrible time answering 600 biology questions. I recommend going through bio destroyer it at least twice. I'm my second way through and want to finish it at least 3 times.

if you start out with destroyer first, it'll take you ALOT of time just bc you are being exposed to material after a while but if you use other review material and then come to destroyer bio, you'll be reviewing. then whatever you get wrong, make a flashcard of the fact presented in solution cause most likely you know the concept if you have read stuff before. here is a key: like Nancy said, this book should be used to learn material, as a study tool so don't and i mean don't focus on how many you get right rather than focus on whether you nailed the material each question presented to you after you went over it. if there is a question you have never seen before like that virus injection one, get fimiliar with the concept before you just make a flashcard of the fact Like chad's said, understanding makes it easier to memorize and remember. either way, i certainly believe that bio destroyer is extremely helpful in training your mind to look at question from a wide spectra. you need to develop the skill of connecting dots in bio. (only suggestion tho since i haven't taken my DAT yet).

When you writing bro ?
I reviewed all of biology before I opened the DAT. I did 300 questions one day then the other 300 questions the day after. I reviewed every answer. Now, I do 2oo questions a day. Then I review every answer and explanation in the back of the book. I do the first 100 in the morning, then the other 100 during the evening. Biology questions are pretty fast to go through. However, I did not merely rely on destroyer for biology knowledge, I read biology notes beforehand(the boring part) so it made it easier to answer questions since I knew the material, otherwise you're going to have a terrible time answering 600 biology questions. I recommend going through bio destroyer it at least twice. I'm my second way through and want to finish it at least 3 times.[/QUOT

P.S, i am very impressed by anyone who does great number of questions in one day cause i can only do uptil 100. 30 gc, 30 oc, and 40 bio. lol