Mar 12, 2012
Status
Hi everyone, I am anxiously trying to gather material for part 1 boards. I like the idea of using DIT, I have both DIT 2013 along with FA 2013. Could anyone inform me on how they used these two resources for boards part 1? I know DIT is meant to be used for hardcore studying, due to the schedule, there is no way to focus solely on boards.

Thank your help, I apologize if this question has been asked in the past.

OP
S
Mar 12, 2012
Status
I understand ample and usmle are completely different exams. The way I study for these standardized exams are thru videos. I have brs physio, fa, micro made ridiculously simple, etc... I tend to understand and learn better from a visual aid. There are a decent amount of 3rd yrs from scholl who used dit, I'm just curious as to how they used it during their p2 year.

OP
S
Mar 12, 2012
Status
You make a good point, their board scores were not very stellar. If you compared DIT to the First Aid express videos, would you say FA express is a better route? I'm really trying to find myself a good set of videos for review.

darazon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2009
OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I did DIT and stopped after 1 week. Useless for APMLE. Any video will have TOO MUCH info for the APMLE and you will be wasting precious studying time. Sad but true.

Reactions: hematosis

PeaJay

10+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
I used both of the video sets mentioned.

I would advise that you only listen/complete the sections in which you feel like you are extremely weak. The videos are generally long and in to much depth for what you need for our boards. This is what I did and I found it to be extremely helpful. After you have completed the minimal amount videos dive into class notes.

Micro: mix Micro made Ridiculously simple and class notes. The book will help you with some pharmacology in addition to the bugs.
Pharm: Class notes and Pharm Recall.
Anatomy: If at Scholl, Manions full body review and hit the lower notes/cold manual hard.
Path: Pathoma (these are worth while video) and BRS
Physio: Class notes
Biochem: quick pass of notes

This list should treat you well.

HaimFeldman

7+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I used DIT and FA exclusively for the not LEAN portions of the exam. I found them helpful and passed. Check the outline of what's on the APMLE and skip the stuff not covered. Watching the videos at 1.5 speed helps with time constraints.