1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

how to use first aid

Discussion in 'Step I' started by obiwan, May 7, 2008.

1. obiwan

obiwan Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i was wondering how everyone is planning on utilizing FA in their studies as their schedules progress... also how many times do you plan on going through FA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. agranulocytosis

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Whenever I'm going through UW I have it handy so I can jot down things I did not know or did not see before. Also, as I'm going through Goljan and come across something that clarified something for me that I did not realize before I write that down as well. I plan on going through FA in detail 2-3 times at the end of my studying right before the test so I can get the memorization down.

4. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I was kind of wondering them same thing with using Goljan and FA. Goljan is a pretty thick review book, so do you read through that and then re-read all of your highlights directly from that book, or do you actually copy everything important that you see in goljan into FA so that you can truly turn FA into your Step 1 bible?

5. TerpMD

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm doing the same thing. FA is going to the ultimate source that last week. I don't get bogged down about it looking beautiful or having everything in it, just what I don't know/remember that I think will be important later. I cut the binding off my FA so I could add in pages since some chapters don't have room for many notes.

6. agranulocytosis

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Basically, yes. I think everything that's important in Goljan is in FA, I just write down things that I didn't realize before or things that help me to remember.