How to use Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble using Interfolio. All of my LORs have been sent to my pre-health advisor including my DO letter. Can someone tell me if I'm doing this correctly?

• When it comes to the name, I write the name of my recommender but for the email, I put the email of my pre-health advisor. The document title ends up becoming "Recommendation from [Name or Professor])
  • On the following page, I click the email bullet point and in the Recommendation Destination section, I just leave it on "General Letter of Recommendation" and in the message, I write "Letter from [Name of Professor]" so my adviser can see which letter to send to Interfolio.
When I return to my dossier, it would have the right document title "Recommendation from [Name of Professor]". However, when I click it, a small box would appear which contains my ID, but below it would say "By: [Name of Pre-health adviser]" instead of the name of the recommender.

Why is the name of my adviser appearing instead of the name of the recommender? Wouldn't adcoms get confused of who wrote the letter? Also, some schools ask to include the AACOMAS ID when sending through Interfolio. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it not a committee letter?

In any case, if the letters are individual, they are signed by your professor. I'm sure they will be able to tell them apart. You can't read it so, you don't see that. You are overthinking it!

Is it not a committee letter?

In any case, if the letters are individual, they are signed by your professor. I'm sure they will be able to tell them apart. You can't read it so, you don't see that. You are overthinking it!

Haha I suppose I am. They are individual letters from professors. My prehealth adviser wrote me a letter as well. Although, how do I include my AACOMAS ID on the inter folio? The email that I used on Interfolio is different from the one I used on AACOMAS. Thanks!

Last edited:
Haha I suppose I am. They are individual letters from professors. My prehealth adviser wrote me a letter as well. Although, how do I include my AACOMAS ID on the inter folio? The email that I used on Interfolio is different from the one I used on AACOMAS. Thanks!

When you are making a delivery to the college(s) of your choice, you will be promoted will letters to include. Add all of the letters you want to send. Then when you click continue, you will get a chance to include your AACOMAS ID on the next page(before the payment page).