How True Is This For A Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureToothFairy_12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told that I would have to apply to dental school and get denied in order to apply to a post bacc program. Just wondering how true this is?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this in regards to the temple post-bacc program?

I was told that I would have to apply to dental school and get denied in order to apply to a post bacc program. Just wondering how true this is?
I've never heard of that.. you just do post-bacc at your own discretion if you want to raise your overall GPA.
You don't even have to apply to dental schools to do a post-bacc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've never heard of that.. you just do post-bacc at your own discretion if you want to raise your overall GPA.
You don't even have to apply to dental schools to do a post-bacc.
Okay thank you. I was told that and I knew it didn’t sound right.

Well for Temple I know it's true, at least from a relative standpoint. It doesn't directly say you have to be declined but it does say you have to have applied to Temple's Dental program. In general, however, you do not have to be declined. You can do this after you have finished your undergrad to boost your overall/science GPA.

"Applicants who have applied to the Kornberg School of Dentistry Pre-doctoral Program through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) are eligible to be considered for this program. Applicants must also meet the following requirements for Post Baccalaureate Program application consideration"

And yes for most you have to have taken your DAT. There could be exceptions though, but from that ones I have seen a DAT is a minimum requirement.

Reactions: 1 user
Well for Temple I know it's true, at least from a relative standpoint. It doesn't directly say you have to be declined but it does say you have to have applied to Temple's Dental program. In general, however, you do not have to be declined. You can do this after you have finished your undergrad to boost your overall/science GPA.

"Applicants who have applied to the Kornberg School of Dentistry Pre-doctoral Program through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) are eligible to be considered for this program. Applicants must also meet the following requirements for Post Baccalaureate Program application consideration"

And yes for most you have to have taken your DAT. There could be exceptions though, but from that ones I have seen a DAT is a minimum requirement.
Okay thank you!

My post-bacc accepted a GRE and I know other programs do as well.