how Undergraduate school affect your admission ?

Discussion in 'hSDN' started by swaglhighlevel, Sep 24, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. swaglhighlevel

swaglhighlevel Banned Banned

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I want to become a dentist, i know it depends about your GPA ,DAT activities and community services.
    I want to ask how people choose their undergraduate on which base you choose at the end of your high school year to attend school A instead of school B. (no one of my family graduate from high school, or attend a college) that's why i don't know how to choose one. I'm actually religious and i want to go to a christian school, it's my dream since junior high but because the cost of education. it's almost impossible attachFull185746

I live in CA, my question now "How undergraduate school help you to attend a dental school?". I don't have much money, so right now i have two choice:

Choice A:

I'm leaning towards doing my first two years of my pre-dental at a community college and then transferring over to a public university in CA to finish things up.
    Would starting out at a community college really come to bite me in the back later when I'm applying for dental schools though? especially i might take 1 year bio, 1 year organic and inorganic chem at CC

Choice B
    is to attend a local school, it's actually a CSU, (this not a comparison btw CSU or UC ) it cost only 7,625 for the year, but can i know that this school have a big pre-dental community or the adviser are professional and would help
    i check their website and it's from 2011, and the links are old and they doesn't give any information about there organization or if anyone attend a dental school from this school, and the adviser told me when you become a freshman and got admitted we will assist you, but you're not a student so we will not be able to guide you. upload_2014-9-24_17-47-34.png upload_2014-9-24_17-47-34.png

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Evisju7

Evisju7

Pre-Medical
    Go to a university first!

4. AlyssaRof2012

AlyssaRof2012 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you can do all 4 years at a university, I'd do that. To a lot of professional schools community college classes are not as rigorous.

About the ads