How visible are old MCATs?

Started by gshocked
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gshocked

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scored a 33 in 2011, which has gone stale for my current application.

I'm taking the new MCAT next week - does anyone have insights as to what weight - if any - will be put on my expired score? Will it help, hurt, or have no effect given its age?

Thanks!
 
I think it would be a score that is used for comparison purposes. Although the score is invalid and has no effect now, members of Adcom can see whether a new score indicate improvements or decline in performance. That's about it cause not much can be say about an relatively "very" old MCAT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad