How was your experience with your Derm. Department?

Started by huyem12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

huyem12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I'm a pre-med applying to the 2012 cycle, and I'm trying to do as much research as I possibly can on the Dermatology Departments of each school.

Don't worry, I definitely have an open mind as to which field I'm heading into, but I know that dermatology is one of my top picks.

My questions are mostly geared towards the medical students and their experience with their Dermatology Department. They include:
  1. Was your program director or chairperson approachable/student-oriented?
  2. How about the rest of the faculty and residents?
  3. Was there a lot of opportunity for independent research?
  4. Can you do an early rotation of derm in your 3rd year?
  5. How supportive was the department in your endeavors?
  6. etc.

I know I probably sound crazy, but I'm really concerned about the connections I make and trainings I receive during medical school.

Thanks alot! 😀