How will med schools view Pass/Fail classes for non-prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summerlennox

Reaction score
My school adopted the block schedule with 8 weeks to learn all course material. It went terribly. All the students and professors complained, and nobody is learning anything. Then we went online after being face to face for 2 weeks. Not to complain but it been a shi*t show

I currently have a 3.85 GPA, but right now I have a 2.97 GPA for this block (A- psychology, B inorganic, B- inorganic lab, C+ public health) which makes my overall GPA drop to a 3.77. I've never had a C before, and I've only gotten 4 B's while in college. I want to pass/fail the C+ since its just public health, and that would make my GPA drop to a 3.80. I also want to pass/fail the lab but I'm not sure how that will affect my major requirements. I still have Calculus next block, and I'm hoping for an A since that's the only class I'll have next block.

Do med schools care if you have a P for a non-prereq instead of a grade during COVID times?? I'm applying right now (I'm a senior), but just in case I don't get in, I'm planning for the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.