How will Obama affect wealthy OD's?

Started by Mixin Marc
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mixin Marc

"Carmina Burana"
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you think Obama's new regulations will affect wealthy OD's? (particularly those that have private practices grossing over 1 million)
 
Very very good question.
Now that he is elected president I would love to know how things will turn.

Tax increases for individuals making over $250,000.

Hmmm 😕
 
My accountant had a program that plugs in all of Obama's proposed tax changes: Increased personal rate, corporate taxes, capital gains.

My tax liability for last year would have bee $32K more. Scary.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My accountant had a program that plugs in all of Obama's proposed tax changes: Increased personal rate, corporate taxes, capital gains.

My tax liability for last year would have bee $32K more. Scary.

I'm not worried. I pay no corporate taxes anyways since there's never any money left in the corporation at the end of the year. Proper accounting and tax planning can easily make this happen for any practice.

As far as an increase in the personal rate, you need an accountant who can get your AGI below $250000. That's not that hard to do either.

But even if I do end up paying more in taxes, I'm not so sure it's the end of the world. I am not an Obama supporter and I did not vote for him. However, the Republican party has grossly lost it's way. Democrats might be tax and spenders, but Republicans have rapidly become BORROWERS and spenders which is FAR worse.
 
How do you think Obama's new regulations will affect wealthy OD's? (particularly those that have private practices grossing over 1 million)

can wealthy and OD be stated in the same sentence? :laugh: Better question for the ophtho's IMO.

We don't even know if 250 is the number. Dems were throwing out several lower numbers.
 
can wealthy and OD be stated in the same sentence? :laugh: Better question for the ophtho's IMO.

We don't even know if 250 is the number. Dems were throwing out several lower numbers.

Of course OD's can be in the same sentence. Of course everyone's subjective opinion is vastly different, however, I know quite a few ladies who are single mothers and only make 9 bucks an hour and are super miserable. In comparison to them, I think we do pretty well.
 
But even if I do end up paying more in taxes, I'm not so sure it's the end of the world. I am not an Obama supporter and I did not vote for him. However, the Republican party has grossly lost it's way. Democrats might be tax and spenders, but Republicans have rapidly become BORROWERS and spenders which is FAR worse.
Truer words were ne'er spoken, Ken. I completely agree.