How would this EC be classified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsme87123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I worked as a pharmacy technician at CVS for two years. Over that time, I learned a TON of information. I would help patients find certain medications in the aisles, answer patients questions about the prescription, called patients regarding refills, etc.

Is this clinical exposure? I guess how would this experience exactly be classified in AMCAS or in the AACOMAS application? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I worked as a pharmacy technician at CVS for two years. Over that time, I learned a TON of information. I would help patients find certain medications in the aisles, answer patients questions about the prescription, called patients regarding refills, etc.

Is this clinical exposure? I guess how would this experience exactly be classified in AMCAS or in the AACOMAS application? Thanks.
For AMCAS applications, this sort of experience is generally viewed as best classified under "Not-Clinical," but giving all details of your roles, as some adcomms may feel it edges into the "Clinical" category.

Reactions: 1 user
For AMCAS applications, this sort of experience is generally viewed as best classified under "Not-Clinical," but giving all details of your roles, as some adcomms may feel it edges into the "Clinical" category.

Hmm okay that's what I have heard as well. Baseline pharmacy tech does not count as clinical but some of my time was spent consulting patients. I don't want to put clinical and they some adcomms think "oh this kid is trying to get one over on us" but on another hand, it could add like 500 hours of clinical experience to my application. @LizzyM @Mr.Smile12 @Goro

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that it sounds like trying to put one over on us. Aren't the people who walk into CVS customers, not patients? Call it "non-clinical" and let an adcom up-code it for you. Much safer than puffing it up to "clinical" and having an adcom disagree.

Reactions: 2 users
I think that it sounds like trying to put one over on us. Aren't the people who walk into CVS customers, not patients? Call it "non-clinical" and let an adcom up-code it for you. Much safer than puffing it up to "clinical" and having an adcom disagree.

Thank you so much for that perspective! I definitively do not want it to be viewed by adcoms in that fashion so I will put it as "non-clinical" and leave it up for them.