How would YOU code this encounter?

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DD214_DOC

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious how others would code this encounter I had yesterday. Here's the summary of pretty much what happened

Me: How are things?
Parent (with child in the room): About the same, no change really.
Me: Did you hold the medication over the weekend like we discussed?
Parent: No, honestly I forgot to do that.
Me: Ok, any new concerns?
Parent: No, just the same one.
Me: Ok. Well, go do what we previously discussed this weekend. Call my nurse on Monday and tell her how it went. Let's hold off on making a f/u appt until you call.
Parent: Ok

Maybe 5 minutes? At least this time I didn't let them make the f/u appt before leaving.
 
99212 problem focused.
Unless you actually did a psychiatric mental status exam. And that is stretching it IMHO. But, they made the appointment and came in, so you probably have to bill something. Too bad she didn't just call the nurse.

That would have been better. I really wonder why they even kept the appointment. It's pretty easy to just reschedule.