How would you feel if...

Started by choylifut
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

choylifut

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You were interviewing a student and the student told you he/she was accepted to your competitor's pharmacy program? Would you accept the student knowing that he/she was good enough to get admitted to the competitor's pharmacy program? Or deny the student's admission because you doubt the student will be attending your program?

Just curious, thanks for the feedback.
 
If I were the interviewer, it would not make any difference at all. I would admit or deny the student based on his/her credentials and how he/she conducted himself/herself at the interview.
 
I've been asked that question at some of my interviews, I told them the truth, that they weren't the only schools that I applied to, etc. It didn't make a difference.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used the fact that I applied to several schools for my benefit. I said, I am really serious about this and I have given myself the best shot possible. At one interview they said "good that is what I want to hear."
 
They expect you to have applied to multiple schools. So its of no surprise that you may have been accepted to some schools by the time they interview you.
 
This may not answer your question. But I read somewhere that the Pharmcas participating schools will know if the applicant already accepted offer elsewhere. I wonder if the schools also know the specific name of the school and the entire list of the schools you have applied.. Maybe they already knew and just want to see if you tell the truth..
 
I don't think they'll know if you accepted an offer to another school unless you tell them, since PharmCAS eliminated that section from their website. They DO however, know all the schools you applied to, which I didn't know. I guess this could give you an advantage if, let's say, the student already interviewed at all the other schools and received one or more acceptances, because if mentioned, the interviewers can see that the school is actually the #1 choice for the student and that he/she is not BSing.