Howard and Meherry??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njbig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Howard or Mehary except NON-Minorities.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They do but a very very small percentage....I've heard usually a couple every year.

On their website, Howard claims that only 64% of last year's class were minorities. I think Meharry is much higher though. I'm sure DocToothache has a graph somewhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
Meharry accepts plenty of non-minorities. In my graduating class alone, it was about 30%, and even more in the class below me. Hope this helps, good luck!

From what I remember of the ADEA guide, the 2008 class at Howard was near 40% Asian, if you're no longer counting Asians as Minorities (As the ADA does).

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Howard or Mehary except NON-Minorities.

Thanks

Considering that the schools were built to further educational opportunities for minorities I think that it would be more difficult to be accepted as a non-minority. I would probably not bank on it.

wait, so to clarify, asians are minorities or non-minorities?

i orginially did submitted the app via AADSAS to both Howard and Meharry but never did the secondaries after i found out that over 90% are minorities. Im an immigrant from Europe but not considered a minority.

Should I consider sending in the money required now for the school? Or not even bother? Based on the stats that I saw i didnt think it was even worth it to pursue the schools.