Howard: Best Place to Live in DC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andre3k

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to live in DC in relation to Howard? I know the the cost of living there is very high. What is the best/cheapest option in terms of living arrangements? Are there any apartments that you know of that are under $1000 a month?

Members don't see this ad.

Where is the best place to live in DC in relation to Howard? I know the the cost of living there is very high. What is the best/cheapest option in terms of living arrangements? Are there any apartments that you know of that are under $1000 a month?

That whole area around Howard has blown up in the last 5-10 years as the real estate market boomed. U street has become a destination. U street is pretty nice as are parts of Adam's Morgan. The further west you, the more expensive, the further east you go the cheaper it becomes. Above howard things generally get cheaper, but I wouldn't want to live just anywhere above howard. You can find very nice modern apts down around U Street. As far as prices go, they should be a little less expensive around U street than in Adam's Morgan. I think Adam's morgan would be a 5 min bus ride or a brisk walk. A lot of gays live down there and they tend to live in nicers places so you have a sort of elite area going on with nicer lounges, gyms and coffee shops. If I were you I'd live around U but look at older buildings to save money over the newer condo style apts.

Hey send me a pm if your still looking, I use to live in DC so I know the area pretty well, take care.