Howard Class of 2009?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatinaDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so who's going to join me in D.C. this fall??? :p

Members don't see this ad.

LatinaDoc said:

Hi there,
I will be there to cloak some you for the White Coat Ceremony. I graduated in 2002. You may find that I might be one of your attending surgeons when you do your third year clerkships.

Congratulations on your acceptance. You are going to have a great time. I studied for Step II in the dome of Stokes Library. There was something about being up there with the beautiful view that helped me ace that exam. The positive energy is great at Howard. Enjoy it! I really miss being in DC.

njbmd :D

hey. i was considering howard. what kinda gpa and mcat did you have, if you dont mind answering, so ill know how hard i have to work to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
:D
njbmd said:
Hi there,
I will be there to cloak some you for the White Coat Ceremony. I graduated in 2002. You may find that I might be one of your attending surgeons when you do your third year clerkships.

Congratulations on your acceptance. You are going to have a great time. I studied for Step II in the dome of Stokes Library. There was something about being up there with the beautiful view that helped me ace that exam. The positive energy is great at Howard. Enjoy it! I really miss being in DC.

njbmd :D

Hope to see you at the Ceremony and maybe even third year!

I am so excited about going to Howard! I had a great interview experience and just got a really great feeling about the type of environment I'll be in. I went to City College in NYC and the student community is much like Howard's. The students were open and honest about the pros and cons but it was evident how happy they really are being there.

I'm currently trying to get all the financial aid stuff back to them and trying to figure out the housing situation. Do you know if all students are guaranteed housing (while you were there) ? Or else I have to find an off-campus apt. since I'm a little late in the game... Any recommendations???

Thanks for the post! :D

tae1703 said:
hey. i was considering howard. what kinda gpa and mcat did you have, if you dont mind answering, so ill know how hard i have to work to get in.

As a rule of thumb, you should work as hard as you can because the higher the numbers, the easier a time you will have getting in. However, your entire application should reflect more than just a high MCAT and gpa. I know plenty of people with 35+ and gpas 3.75+ that have not been accepted post-interview. My scores were above average and gpa 3.5 and I interviewed at several schools before making a decision. Good luck to you. :cool:

tae1703 said:
so ill know how hard i have to work to get in.

Duh. Shouldn't you work hard to get accepted to ANY school?

LatinaDoc said:

hey. we are gonna be classmates. I put up a thread like this in april and like noone replied glad to know there are more of us out there. Was begining to wonder. Well I will see you on the aug. 15 for orientation. later and enjoy your summer.

1Path said:
Duh. Shouldn't you work hard to get accepted to ANY school?

uhmmmmmmmmmm thinking the same thing

nne97080 said:
hey. we are gonna be classmates. I put up a thread like this in april and like noone replied glad to know there are more of us out there. Was begining to wonder. Well I will see you on the aug. 15 for orientation. later and enjoy your summer.

Haha .. I did the same too. Well, i'll be seeing you guys there! LatinaDoc .. I remember talking to you before .. so you did get in! Congratulation!! Haha .. take care. Oh, and i'm planning on getting on-campus housing. Anyone wants to be roommates?

newmem said:
Haha .. I did the same too. Well, i'll be seeing you guys there! LatinaDoc .. I remember talking to you before .. so you did get in! Congratulation!! Haha .. take care. Oh, and i'm planning on getting on-campus housing. Anyone wants to be roommates?

Yeah I need a roommate. Are you a girl? If you are pm me please.

congrats on gettin' in and being in DC!!

i'm there as well. i'll be at g'town. i'm hoping my class is a lil' diverse - the g'town area in general is very homogenous (bunch of preps - i'm a public school kind of guy from philly)

we'll all have to chill.

Does anyone know the start dates for the summer program, orientation, and the first day of classes? Thanks

hey is anyone on the waitlist and/or someone who is considering not accepting their howard acceptance? a friend of mine is on the waitlist and he doesn't know about this forum yet but i thought i'd ask around...thanks! congrats on those who got in! i know it's hard!

I just got my acceptance. So glad. I'll definitely be attending. I had a great interview day and Howard seduced me to their side.

Pembleton said:
I just got my acceptance. So glad. I'll definitely be attending. I had a great interview day and Howard seduced me to their side.

Hey there...CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance! :thumbup: :thumbup: I also had a great interview experience at Howard and it's definitely the place for me.

Look forward to seeing you in d.c. :oops:

I'll be here. I attended the undergrad, so I'm already in the area.

Im looking forward to meeting everyone.

Congrats to all. Hope to see you next year and hopefully my class (2008) will be able to give you all some useful tips. We are working diligently to complile information that will give you a little bit more of a boost than what we had. My class is appreciative of what 2007 did for us and so we have added to their many helpful tips to give you all an even greater advantage than we had. I hope you all enjoy you experience at Howard. Good luck and Congrats again.

that's life said:
Congrats to all. Hope to see you next year and hopefully my class (2008) will be able to give you all some useful tips. We are working diligently to complile information that will give you a little bit more of a boost than what we had. My class is appreciative of what 2007 did for us and so we have added to their many helpful tips to give you all an even greater advantage than we had. I hope you all enjoy you experience at Howard. Good luck and Congrats again.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me the dates and time for the orientation and the white coat ceremony? I haven't received that info yet and I need to plan around them.

Pembleton said:
Thanks!

Can someone tell me the dates and time for the orientation and the white coat ceremony? I haven't received that info yet and I need to plan around them.

I received an e-mail post-acceptance regarding this information. PM me with your e-mail address so i can forward you the information. If you prefer, you can email Dean Cannon directly @ [email protected]. I'm sure they will be able to directly email you this info.

LatinaDoc said:
I received an e-mail post-acceptance regarding this information. PM me with your e-mail address so i can forward you the information. If you prefer, you can email Dean Cannon directly @ [email protected]. I'm sure they will be able to directly email you this info.

I got it. thanks!