Howard Or Meharry Interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any Howard or Meharry interviews?? I've seen a ton of rejections thus far and no acceptances.

What's up people???

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Howard on November 2nd. It looks like they just started the process, and we're probably the 1st group. I think I've seen some people post threads for interviews at Meharry.

I got both Howard and Meharry interviews. Howard( 11/2) and Meharry ( 11/17)., howard just started interviewing and we are the first group.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview for Meharry on Oct. 20th.

I had my interview for Meharry on Oct. 20th.

How did it go? and what should we expect? did they ask you questions like explain why you got C- on this course, or something like that?

There Has To Be More People That Got Into Howard Or Meharry???

there are more people going to these schools, but I am guessing they are not SDN members.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

(I'm guessing you tried to use all caps in your post, because SDN de-capses everything but the first letter of every word.)

(I'm guessing you tried to use all caps in your post, because SDN de-capses everything but the first letter of every word.)

Thanks for the heads up!

I have an interview at Meharry on November 17th. Hopefully I'll get an invite for Howard soon. :)

You had to have been posting tons to know that. hehe.

How many non-black students does Howard and Meharry accept?

I was at a Meharry interview on Friday and there were 2 white people, 3 asian, 1 indian, 3 hispanic and 8 black.. I was expecting a less diverse crowd but was pleasantly surprised..
don't know how this translates into acceptances..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview Dec. 8. Am I the only one on here that has heard bad things about Meharry? Several dentists have told me that they do not have a good reputation.

I was at a Meharry interview on Friday and there were 2 white people, 3 asian, 1 indian, 3 hispanic and 8 black.. I was expecting a less diverse crowd but was pleasantly surprised..
don't know how this translates into acceptances..

I have an interview Dec. 8. Am I the only one on here that has heard bad things about Meharry? Several dentists have told me that they do not have a good reputation.

I HEARD they want their class 80% african american dont quote me on that!! OR maybe it was 80% minority... I dont remember.

Well supposebly Meharry doesnt have high avg.'s

Mine is this Thurs at Meharry

Still waiting!!! :confused:

Had Howard on 11/17, and Meharry comin up on 12/8

Mine is this Thurs at Meharry

I think you meant Friday? There were no interviews Thursday...

I interviewed 11/17 (Friday), everyone was nice and friendly. Their USMLE's are below average, but I imagine if you're top of the class, it won't matter too much.

Can you specify? What reputation DO they have?

I am a resident of Tennessee and from what many of the dentists tell me Meharry dental and medical students seem to lack the skills needed. I guess this goes along with their low scores on the first part of the board exam and also their low pass rate on the skills (2nd) board exam. This info came only by word of mouth so I am in no way trying to depict Meharry out to be a bad school. Many physicians have expressed similiar opinions about the medical school. I have an interview this Friday so I guess I will have to get my own feel for the school. Would any of you attend a dental school with a bad reputation among dentists? What do you think? Who knows Meharry may be a great school and perhaps people are just passing judgement.

interviewed at howard and I thought it was a pretty good school, everything was very modern suprisingly

I never said I was from Meharry. Furthermore, I simply stated that I was told this by dentists and physicians around the Nashville area. You need to chill out! I have NOT been rejected by any school so you need to really read posts before you make such mean comments. Get over yourself, and if you can't take comments about schools you need to stay off SDN.

sure I appologize that I didn't read your thread carefully.
take care and good luck